People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.