“When you say ‘yes’ to others, make sure you don’t say ‘no’ to yourself.” ~Paolo Coehlo
My whole body was shaking. Tears streaming down my face, my nose blocked and throat sore from crying. Yet, no sound escaped my mouth except an occasional gentle sigh or hushed sob I was unable to control.
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.