“We think we are our thinking, and we even take that thinking as utterly ‘true,’ which removes us at least two steps from reality itself.” ~Richard Rohr
Do you frequently obsess over worst-case scenarios? Do you struggle to think well of yourself or others? Are you frequently stressed, anxious, or depressed? You may…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.