A neutral mind can be even better than a positive mind, especially when you’re trying to achieve your goals.
Of course, it should go without saying that trying to be positive all of the time is not only unrealistic, but undesirable – sometimes it’s completely appropriate to be negative in certain situations when things go wrong.
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.