7 Strategies to Optimize Your Time Off and Come Back Refreshed
The days are getting shorter again, but it’s not too late to take a few days off before the end of summer. August is often the perfect month to take some time away from work.
You should consider getting away for a bit because you probably…
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.