Hi friends! Last week I sent an email about a free eBook I recently contributed to. Since it’s only available for a limited time, I’m reposting that here on the blog.
I’m excited to share that I’ve contributed to a wonderful eBook that provides actionable, life-changing tips and advi…
A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.