“Remember: it’s not a failure until you accept defeat.”
I’m very excited to share this episode. It’s our first “roundtable” approach to discussing a single topic. This came about when I asked 5-Bullet Friday subscribers…
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.