“In the journal I do not just express myself more openly than I could to any person; I create myself. The journal is a vehicle for my sense of selfhood. It represents me as emotionally and spiritually independent. Therefore (alas) it does not simply record my actual, daily life but rather—in many cases—offers an al…
A lot of people have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.