Reflections on silence and eternity from the poet laureate of death.
“The people we most love do become a physical part of us, ingrained in our synapses, in the pathways where memories are created,” poet Meghan OR…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.