“Routine, in an intelligent man, is a sign of ambition.”
– W. H. Auden
This is a special episode of the podcast. After more than 200 conversations with the world’s top performers, you start to spot certain patterns. These are the shared habi…
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.