“Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.” ~Melody Beattie
When our loved ones suffer, it’s hard not to …
People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.