People have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.