“There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way” ~Thich Nhat Hanh
Do you ever feel as though you would be happy if only things were a little different?
You know that happiness is important, but you keep putting it on the backburner because there simply isn’t enough time to prioritize your own inner joy…
People have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.