Everyone has days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.