“Are we not … parts of a greater organism, kept alive through the ever more vividly circulating blood of an enormous past?”
“Life is not w…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.