By Leo Babauta
I’ve been studying how to learn, as I try to teach myself new skills … and absolutely love learning new things. But I keep running up against a few key problems:
Becoming overwhelmed. The more you learn, the more you see there is to learn. The beginner doesn’t know how much there is to study, but as you start to explore, you find new caverns, and they are immense. Then as you explore those caverns, you find even bigger ones. It can become overwhelming, an…
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.