3 Vital Truths to Remember as You Work to Make a Difference in the World
Here is one big downside to being a leader: You are going to draw fire. You will have critics, trolls, second-guessers, and people who insist on thinking the worst of you.
You may be falsely accused of wrong motives and much worse….
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.