People have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.