When Reid Hoffman — who is rightly called “the Oracle of Silicon Valley” by many tech giants — returned to the podcast, I figured it would be popular, but it exploded.
Many of you have asked for the transcript of our conversation, so you can find it below…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.