“Hard work isn’t enough, and more work is never the real answer.”
– Reid Hoffman
In this special episode, we explore the “10 Commandments for Startup Success” as taught by the one and only Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn, Twitter). Rei…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.