When we find ourselves in a cycle of negative thinking, it can often become very difficult to break out of it.
“Rumination” is one of the most common symptoms in depression, anxiety, and mood disorders. It’s a focused attention on the problems, distresses, and suffering in one’s life – a constant replaying of negative tho…
People have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.