In this episode, I’m answering your questions. I’m responding to the most upvoted questions from subscribers to 5-Bullet Friday, the newsletter I send out every week. It explores five cool things I’ve found, including apps, books, gadgets, albums, articles, new hacks/…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an excellent habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.