“Be easy. Life is good.”
– Jason Khalipa
Jason Khalipa (@jasonkhalipa IG, Twitter) is one of the fittest men in the world – a title that was officially his when he won the CrossFit Games in 2008. He is an 8-time CrossFit Games competitor, a 3-time Team USA …
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.