“You can’t lose everything when what you care about are the people and the memories you have.”
– Blake Mycoskie
This episode of the podcast features Blake Mycoskie (@blakemycoskie).
Blake is the Founder and Chief Shoe Giver of TOMS, and the pe…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.