“Dreams don’t have to manifest as you imagined. They just have to set you on a path because there is always a way.”
– Kyle Maynard
Kyle Maynard (@kylemaynard) is a motivational speaker, bestselling author, entrepreneur, and ESPY award-winnin…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are some guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.