I write about some things that can trigger those with depression so it’s important for readers to know how…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.