Kevin Kelly (@kevin2kelly) might be the real-life Most Interesting Man In The World. I’ve always wanted to travel with him, and we recently headed to Uzbekistan together. This episode covers some of our favorite travel tools.
Kevin is Senior Maverick at Wired Magazine, which he co…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.