“There is no passion to be found in playing small—in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” ~Nelson Mandela
When I was a kid I’d get up early on Saturday mornings to start my routine, which ended with a few hours in front of the television watching my favorite shows. After the …
Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.