“All nature rejoiced, and … we rejoiced with Nature.”
Trumpeted by the press as “the great eclipse of the nineteenth century,” t…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.