“Multiply your muscle and multiply your hustle.”
– Mark Bell
Mark Bell (@MarkSmellyBell) is the founder of Super Training Gym in Sacramento, which is often referred to as “the strongest gym in the West.” Prior to opening his own gym, he…
A lot of people have days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain kinds of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.