“Do not seek expressions, seek thoughts to be expressed.”
A century before Einstein bequeathed his famous dictum that “imagination is more important than knowledge” and Richard Feynman delivered his iconic flower-monologue about knowledge and mystery, not a scientist but a Transcendentalist philosopher-poet, Henry David Thoreau (July 12, 18…
A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of life.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music plus new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.