4 Strategies Entrepreneurs and Creatives Can Use to Learn From the Masters
We’ve all heard of the curse of the starving artist, right? If you’re interested in technique or design, you’re stuck suffering for your craft. But what if I told you that’s just a limiting belief holding you back?
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. What is black without white?
While you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.