“There is a big difference between giving up and letting go. Giving up means selling yourself short. It means allowing fear and struggle to limit your opportunities and keep you stuck. Letting go means freeing yourself from something that is no longer serving you. Giving up reduces your life. Letting go expands it. Givin…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.