One of the biggest traps of any type of self improvement is becoming an “information junkie.”
An “information junkie” is someone who spends a lot of time reading books, watching videos, and listening to podcasts about self improvement, but they spend very little time actually putting what they learn into practice.
A lot of people have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.