“Some people come into your life for a reason, some a season, and some a lifetime. However long it was, be thankful for the gifts you received from them.” ~Unknown
When I first met him, we instantly clicked. We became fast friends aided by the fact that I was dealing with my father’s death and he was by my side wh…
Everyone has times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. If you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.