A transcendent account of “one of those experiences that gives an odd and hard-to-describe feeling, with so many overtones beyond the facts themselves.”
Years before Vladimir Nabokov proclaime…
People have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is an outstanding habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.