A lot of folks have times when they are down, broken and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a small part of life.
With that said, here are some tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Studies have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the power to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.