“The more room you give yourself to express your true thoughts and feelings, the more room there is for your wisdom to emerge.” ~Marianne Williamson
I have always been a people-pleaser, a trait that on the surface seems positive. Like many of us, I want people to like me, and I do my best to make them feel loved. Bu…
A lot of people have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.