A lot of folks have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s alright, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, simple to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Studies have demostrated that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain in to the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.