“Dreams don’t have to manifest as you imagined. They just have to set you on a path because there is always a way.”
– Kyle Maynard
Kyle Maynard (@kylemaynard) is a motivational speaker, bestselling author, entrepreneur, and ESPY award-winnin…
Everyone has days when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.