Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.