People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your joy with. Precisely what is black without white?
While you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you like. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a difficult time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside world. Remember there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your thoughts and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take a chance.