I express the experience of having bipolar disorder in a very specific way – my way. I …
People have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s okay, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that being said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice every day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy flows through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Analyses have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but don’t just use them when you are sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.