“You must prepare yourself to forbear and to forgive — will you?”
For two people to be honest with each other about what is most difficult, even when truthfulness comes with a razing edge of sorrow, is a hard-earned privilege …
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling quiet happy.
That’s OK, you must have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You must to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
Although you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of our lives.
With that said, here are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes through my body”, “I view the good in all”.
4. Pay attention to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain kinds of music work better than other music, but experiment and see what works for you. Research have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, relax and read a book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an outstanding habit to build up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that coax your brain into the meditative state. Just seek out “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Keep in mind there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but don’t just use them when you are feeling sad. Attempt to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these easy exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final notice, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take a chance.