When it comes to self improvement, there is no single solution that is magically going to fix all of your problems.
My personal approach is to think of self improvement as building a “mental toolbox” with a wide-range of different tools, exercises, and techniques that I can choose from when necessary.
The more tools you have in you…
People have days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your happiness with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice every day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy goes right through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research show that Classical music and new age music work best.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is an outstanding habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try to practice them each and everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This really is your life and don’t take any chances.