I don’t know about you, but I haven’t always held my younger self in high regard.
There was a time when I looked back at the person I once was and judged her for being needy, insecure, weak, inadequate, and fundamentally flawed. I focused on everything I thought I did wrong—all the mistakes I made and the peop…
People have days when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have times like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. Precisely what is black without white?
Even though you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, below are a few tips to help you feel better while you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice each day and they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Easy to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Take some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a fantastic habit to take up. It will serve you in all with what you do. If you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside world. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your advantage. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Attempt to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.