In this episode, I’m answering your questions. I’m responding to the most upvoted questions from subscribers to 5-Bullet Friday, the newsletter I send out every week. It explores five cool things I’ve found, including apps, books, gadgets, albums, articles, new hacks/…
Everyone has days when they are down, worn out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s alright, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You must to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a little part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better if you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, easy to practice every day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Certainly, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Stuff like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain kinds of music work cooler than other music, but experiment and find out what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Consider some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, do something for yourself.
6. Meditate. Yoga is an excellent habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Each of our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are feeling down, know that it is all in your head and you do have the power to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up while you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try and practice them each and everyday, make them a habit. You will be surprised at how these simple exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.