Everyone has times when they are down, worn out and just not feeling everything happy.
That’s OK, you need to have days like this, otherwise how would you know when you are content. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Even though you understand that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a little part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the hole. They are simple to do, simple to practice each day and so they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is straight your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Points like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves right through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you like. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you like. Certain types of music work cooler than other music, but experiment to see what works for you. Research have shown that Classical music and new age music work nicely.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to develop. It will serve you in all with what you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain into the meditative state. Just search for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
The outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to overcome your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling down. Try and practice them everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be surprised at how these quick exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final take note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t appear to shake, please go see a doctor. This is certainly your life and don’t take any chances.