From the color of madness and mystery to that of distance and tenderness.
More than a century after Goethe’s theoretical inquiry into the emotional hues of color, Frida Kahlo (July 6, 1907–July 13, 1954) contemplated the question from a far more intuitive place in a fragment from The Diary of Frida Kahlo: An Intimate Self-Portrait (public library) &md…
A lot of folks have times when they are down, worn-out and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you must have days like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
While you understand that feeling down is a part of life, let’s try to make it a small part of life.
With that said, below are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are easy to do, simple to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy will flow and when your body energy is flowing freely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Simple to do and is effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I start to see the good in all”.
4. Listen to some music that you enjoy. Keep in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything specific, just music you enjoy. Certain types of music work better than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses have demostrated that Classical music plus new age music work best.
5. Have some time out for yourself, chill and read a book, make a move for yourself.
6. Meditate. Deep breathing is a great habit to build up. It will serve you in all that you do. In the event that you are one who has difficulty sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that cajole your brain in to the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a reflection of our inside person. Don’t forget there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, know that it is all in your mind and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These tips will lift you up if you are down, but do not just use them when you are down. Try to practice them everyday, cause them to become a habit. You will be amazed at how these quick exercises will keep out the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a serious depression that you can’t seem to shake, please go see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take any chances.