“The only way to be truly happy is to get your mind off yourself and help somebody else.” ~Joyce Meyer
A couple of years ago, I was dealing with two major life changes at the same time.
The first change was that my husband and I moved from Maryland to Delaware after our son finished high school. And th…
Everyone has times when they are down, broken and just not feeling all that happy.
That’s okay, you need to have days and nights like this, otherwise how would you understand when you are happy. You need to have something to contrast your pleasure with. What is black without white?
Although you know that sadness is a part of life, let’s make an effort to make it a tiny part of our lives.
With that being said, here are a few guidelines to help you feel better when you are feeling down in the dumps. They are simple to do, easy to practice each day plus they work!
1. Stand up straight, sit up straight. When your body is in alignment your energy can flow and when your body energy is flowing nicely, you can flow.
2. Smile! Yes, just smile. Easy to do and is very effective.
3. Repeat positive affirmations. Things like “I feel good”, “Positive energy moves through my body”, “I see the good in all”.
4. Tune in to some music that you enjoy. It doesn’t need to be anything specific, just something you like. Certain types of music work cooler than others, but experiment to see what works for you. Analyses show that Classical music plus new age music work great.
5. Have some time out for yourself, relax and read a nice book, take action for yourself.
6. Meditate. Meditation is a fantastic habit to develop. It will serve you in all that you simply do. In the event that you are one who has a hard time sitting still, then try some special meditation CDs that entice your brain into the meditative state. Just look for “Meditation music” on Google or Yahoo and explore.
Our outside work is simply a mirror of our inside person. Do not forget that there is no reality just your perception of it. Use this truth to your benefit. Whenever you are sad, realize that it is all in your head and you do have the capacity to change your perception.
These guidelines will lift you up when you are down, but do not just use them when you are feeling sad. Try to practice them each and everyday, get them to be a habit. You will be amazed at how these easy exercises will keep the rainy days away.
On a final note, if you are in a deep depression that you can’t seem to shake, you have to see a doctor. This is your life and don’t take a chance.